Easiest Way to Cook Perfect nettle soup

nettle soup. Prepare a large bowl of ice water. Wearing protective gloves, transfer the nettle tops into the boiling water. Use tongs to lift the wilted blanched nettles out of the pot and transfer to the bowl of ice.

Nettle soup is a traditional soup prepared from stinging nettles. Nettle soup is eaten mainly during spring and early summer, when young nettle buds are collected. Today, nettle soup is mostly eaten in Scandinavia, Iran, Ireland, and Eastern Europe, with regional differences in recipe, however historically consumption of nettles was more widespread.. You can have nettle soup using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.

Ingredients of nettle soup

  1. You need 4 tbsp of butter.
  2. It's 2 of medium.
  3. Prepare 4 small of potatoes.
  4. You need 1 tsp of salt.
  5. You need 1/2 lb of young stinging nettles.
  6. You need 1/4 tsp of pepper.

Nettle soup is probably what most people first think of when they consider cooking on the wild side, so I could hardly leave it out. The keys to an excellent nettle soup are potato - to give it body - and really good stock - to give it spirit. Without these the wild food cynic's worst suspicions of boiled weeds will be confirmed. Note that a reusable carrier bag or basket is the standard.

nettle soup instructions

  1. saute onion in butter.
  2. add potatoes, cover with stock or water. cook for 10 minutes..
  3. add stinging nettle. cook for 10 minutes. puree..

Stinging nettle is rich in Vitamin A, C, D, K, iron, calcium and a protein. If you think spinach and kale are nutrition super stars, you'll love stinging nettle! I've made nettle pasta, and I've made nettle pesto and a whole bunch of other things, but I like nettle soup every bit as much. Everyone seems to have a nettle soup recipe, however, so I decided to make mine a bit different. I combined the technique of the Provencal smooth soup with the flavors of the nässelsoppa, a Scandinavian nettle.

Post a Comment for "Easiest Way to Cook Perfect nettle soup"